Thursday, September 27, 2012

Easy DIY Lego & Lego Friends Invitations


Man this year is flying by! I'm currently planning Blake's party, which will be a Halloween party this year. I'm so excited! But I figured since I finally blogged about Morgan's party, that I'd better get started on Layla's. She decided she wanted a Lego Friends theme this year.


The thing is, most of the kids that come to her parties are boys. We know a lot of families with boys, not girls. Don't get me wrong though, Layla can definitely hang with the guys and isn't afraid to fight back! So we talked about it and decided her party would be Lego/Lego Friends.

Invitations obviously needed to come first. And if you haven't looked, there aren't a lot of options for Lego Friends. There were a lot of Lego invites, but they were mostly primary colors or Ninjago, which wouldn't work. We decided on pink, purple & yellow. So I dug out some Legos and got busy. As you can see, it took a few shots, and I still wasn't thrilled with the coloring, but we got them done.

A little editing in Picasa and I got them done. I just added a border, some altering of   the colors and of course the lettering. They were very simple and easy to make. Next time you need invitations and can't find what you need, think about taking a photo and just adding the words! 

Linked to: Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, I'm Crafty Party at SYTYC, Hookin Up with HoH at House of Hepworths, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, Catch as Catch Can at My Repurposed Life, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, Delicately Constructed Friday at delicateCONSTRUCTION, Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest, Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, Happy Hour at Craftberry Bush, Friday Favs at Nap Time Crafters, Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello, Sundae Scoop at I ♥ Naptime, Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table & Dreaming, Creative Blogger's Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...