Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Candy Cane Bark

Do you still have a bunch of candy canes laying around from Christmas? I finally tossed ours, but we usually have so many left over. Why not do something with them and make some candy cane bark? I would say peppermint (like I made here), but I bet some of the other flavors (like strawberry or blueberry) would be good, too. Start with some candy canes. Unwrap and break into a few pieces.

Normally I would have used a zipper bag, but we were out, so I improvised with wax paper. Place your candy canes inside the bag and seal.

Now let the kids help with this part - using a rolling pin or a can, pound the heck out of the candy canes until they are all broken up.

I used Wilton candy melts, but regular white chocolate chips will work just as well. Pour them into a microwave safe bowl and make sure it's totally dry.

Melt according to package directions until smooth.

Next, line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.

And pour in your broken candy bits.

Stir until blended well!

This looks kind of weird, but pour the candy mixture out onto your paper lined pan.

Using a scraper, smooth the mixture out until it's somewhat uniform in thickness.

Now just let it dry. I like to put it in the fridge to speed it along.

Break apart and enjoy! Have you ever tried this with any flavor other than peppermint?

1 comment:

brooke said...

I seriously love peppermint bark. I want some more right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...