Friday, May 6, 2011

Doily Art


When I saw this post by Meg at Whatever, I knew I wanted to have the kids do this project. But we never got around to it. Then when it came time for Layla's art party, I knew it would be perfect!




All you need is watercolor paint (mine werent as vibrant as I'd like)...


And a stack of paper doilies. Oh, and a sewing machine.



And just let the kids have at it. Although I admit I painted a few myself!








Of course Miss Morgie had to help.













Then just lay them out to dry. I did end up putting them under a heavy book to flatten them out (after they were dry).








Then just stitch them together. After the party, I took this down and still have it with my craft stuff. I don't want to trash it, but I'm not sure yet what to do with it either. I might save it and use some pieces in her scrapbook. If I ever start scrapping again!


Linked to:
Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, Catch-As-Catch-Can at My Repurposed Life, Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest, Friday Favorites at Inspiring Creations, Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table & Dreaming, Sundae Scoop at I ♥ Naptime, Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Talent Tuesday at Vintage Wanna Bee, Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife, Show & Share Day at Just a Girl

3 comments:

Last Minute Mel said...

LOVE this ...I'm going to save the idea and do it with my daughter when she gets older :)

Unknown said...

Hey Wendy. How cute. I think saving them for the scrapbooks a great idea, I wouldn't want to get rid of them either. I bet they'd make pretty flowers too.

Thanks for stopping by today. The shopping took a while and wasn't super simple but when I saw the savings I realized it was worth it. And I kept reminding myself that it does get easier. Seeing your savings really encouraged me to do it this time.

Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day!
Hugs...Tracy :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

You have some talented artists on your hands. :) They did a great job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...