Sunday, June 20, 2010

Finally, an Estate Sale!

I NEVER find estate sales here. Sure, there are some listed in the paper, but they really just sound like moving sales. But last week, I noticed a sign for an estate sale at a little house that always has random stuff outside for sale (bikes mostly, but sometimes other things). I REALLY wanted to stop, but with going to Ft. Desoto Saturday, and Ocala Sunday, there wasnt time. So I was pretty happy when I saw in the paper that they were having it this week, too! I stopped, all 3 kids in tow. But it wasnt too bad. The two big ones were distracted by the toy section.



Vintage linens, of course. I love the stripes!



This awesome quilted pillow. It's pretty yellowed though, any good tips on cleaning this? Some of the pointed ends have come loose so I dont want to mess it up.




A chicken scratch apron. I never find aprons.



A vintage Christmas tablecloth. My second this year. It has a few spots, but they arent bad, so hopefully I can get them out.




Pyrex!! The lady who rang up my purchases said she had wanted this Pyrex. I did notice that most of the pieces were out in the front yard where there was only a few things.




This is the largest size mixing bowl, and it was only $1.50!



Another milk glass compote, and two matching plates.



A colorful piece of Glasbake.



Now these arent from the estate sale, but a yardsale from awhile back. I just never got around to taking pictures. Some of these are Beistle, including the groovy looking pilgrims & indian. The two brown turkeys on the top left are Beistle, too. The yellow one on the right isnt marked, but it's a honeycomb. Some of these may be Ebay/Etsy bound.





A few Halloween ones. Some of these are flocked. Some are marked Eureka USA.



This bat is Beistle.



This little kitty isnt marked, but he's so cute!




Some Christmas...



And flocked Easter.




And some more Christmas.





I cant help but wonder what I might have missed last week. Of course, I'm envisioning chenile blankets and boxes of Shiny Brites, but who knows. I probably could have dug a little better this week if I didnt have Morgan attached to my hip. But I think I did pretty good.
Linking up to Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality!

31 comments:

Lori said...

Great finds!!

Kim, USA said...

I love your pyrex and I got a yellow bowl just like yours at garage sale too. My MIL said she had these pyrex as a wedding gift for her 6o years ago!! Our pyrex is totally vintage lol! Happy Monday!

Anything Blue

Charlene Austin said...

OMGosh your estate sale finds are amazing. I chuckled at the "Finally, an estate sale" as my first thought was that an estate sale really will be "final" when our time comes. lol.

Funny you should ask about cleaning vintage linens as I've been saving this link for ages. I hope it helps.

http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/2009/03/because-you-asked-so-sweetly.html

Kim's Treasures said...

I really love the milk glass and the pyrex! Great finds!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Girl, you did GOOD!!! I wonder if that person was a teacher--a lot of those decorations look like bulletin board things. :) LOVE the apron! Visiting from Rhoda's party. :)

Shannon M said...

Love the pyrex and that pillow is beautiful!!!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

I love the Pyrex - I still haven't been able to find the square Pyrex bowls around here but think they're adorable.

Anna said...

some great finds! I love the quilted pillowcase and the pyrex bowls

Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said...

your blog is super cute!! Excellent finds!!

dawgyah said...

I had some very yellowed vintage linens. I soaked them in the tub with Oxyclean for 3 days then rinsed and dried on the line in the sun. They came out CRISP white, one piece even had some pretty dark stains and they came out. I am jealous of your Pyrex,,,I missed a large pink bowl by minutes at an estate sale on Friday.

Steph said...

Great finds...love that Pyrex!

Here On Crow Creek said...

Love your finds! Your christmas finds brought back memories for me when I was a little, Momma had that same set and she would tape them up around the house and on the front door. Takes me back to when life was so much easier.

Unknown said...

Great stuff! That pillow is really neat. Such a lot of work! Hope you can get it clean.

Grannys Attic said...

Aint't you glad you Stop at that sale! You did really good on all the treasure you got! Love the red dishes.
Blessings, Vicky

Unknown said...

Girl you hit the jackpot. I love the dishes, the apron, linens, well all of it. I especially love all the holiday decorations. Vintage paper ones are so hard to find.

Sorry to hear about the peaches and watermelons.

Hugs...Tracy :)

trish said...

Oh wow! You have some real treasures there!

Vanessa said...

So much treasure- where do I start? I'm admiring all the patterns, textures, and colors your found. A true and diverse treasure of vintage fun!

Charlotte said...

Great finds! I was always told to hand wash the linens in Ivory Snow and hang to dry. The sun would bleach the stains. Do they still make Ivory Snow?

Rebecca said...

Oooo . . . great luck! You found some fab things. Try Oxy on that pillow, it seems to work well without ruining things. Love the primary pyrex, I have a set of the mixing bowls that someone gave me. Wrapped up in the basement OF COURSE. sigh . . . ;)

a.M. said...

Wow. Just wow!! You had a GRRREAT day! Hey, do you know about www.estatesales.net ? You can sign up for them to email you a weekly list of estate sales in your area? You can also search on www.craigslst.or under "garage sales"

a.M. said...

Oops. There's a typo. I meant www.craigslist.org

Angie Holden said...

Awesome finds!! That Pyrex was a steal!!

Vicki K. said...

Your pillow pattern is called Cathedral Window. Hopefully, in your washing instructions they talked about carefully drying it. After washing it, one good way is to stack it between two towels and gently roll in it up to soak up the water. Then lay it flat to dry.

Vintage Remixed said...

Gurrrllll,

You seriously lucked up on that estate sale. You must have been sitting there the minute they opened. Those linens are amazing.

Darla said...

Love the chicken scratch apron!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

That pillow is AMAZING! Love all your finds!

Halima said...

Great Pyrex and that pillow.... what a treasure! Any plans for the vintage linen's?

the cape on the corner said...

love the milkglass and those decorations! especially the halloween ones...i have that same one with the two cats. is part of it fuzzy?

thanks so much for stopping by the cape on the corner, and for your comment on my free yard sale finds!

Eva said...

Love, love, love the milkglass! I'm also a big fan of the linens you picked up-- that yellow stripe is similar to some I salvaged from my Grandma's giveaway pile, it's so bright and cheery!

Carly J. Cais said...

Hi there!
I've only recently discovered your blog and I just wanted to let you know that I just love it! So I nominated you for a blog award!

Check it out here:
http://www.chic-steals.com/2010/06/ive-received-2-blog-awards.html

And don't forget to share 7 things about yourself and nominate other bloggers to pass it on to when you have the time!
Thanks for the great reading-
xoxo
Carly

www.chic-steals.com

roseylittlethings said...

oh wow, you hit the jack pot! love all the vintage deco images@ sooo fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...