Friday, October 30, 2009

"Fall" Fun



I say "Fall" sarcastically. It feels NOTHING like fall. I heard them say on the news this morning that Lakeland had RECORD high temps for the entire country yesterday. Not something to be proud of!! But even though it doesnt feel like fall, we still had some fall fun. Last Sunday we took the kids to the Pumpkin Festival at Hunsader Farms in Bradenton, Fl. It took about an hour and a half to get there, but I'm glad we went. They dont have anything like that here, and they had a corn maze!



My sister in law called this one "children of the corn".





Finally finding our way out!



Layla, looking happy as ever...



On a pony for the first time!


(Morgie watching her sissy)



Waiting for the bouncy slide...




The pumpkin cannon was pretty popular.



And so were the corn cannons!





Only in Florida do you spend the day at a pumpkin festival, 6 days before Halloween in 80° weather, and leave with sunburns! We had fun though.
On Tuesday, the high school down the road held a little carnival for the kids. It was at night, but still pretty darn hot. But at least the kids got to have fun & wear their costumes more than once.


Doesnt she look thrilled?


I cannot believe tomorrow is Halloween! Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm jealous of your weather! My kids always have to wear down jackets over their costumes here in Minnesota :)

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

What fun costumes, and great photos! I can't believe how warm it has been there... record highs, wow! Have a happy and safe Halloween!

AuroraSuzette said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love the pumpkin cannon..never heard of that. My sons would love it too. Those are some pretty cute kids!

Kim's Treasures said...

Happy Halloween! The kids look great! Enjoy that warm weather...it's freezing here tonight! Gloves and winter coats!

Sue said...

Happy Halloween right back at ya! My daughter dressed up as a "crazy cat lady". She dipped into my stash of vintage clothes and put together quite an ensemble! Even had a little stuffed cat peaking out of one of her pockets :) Hope your kids (and you!) had a great night.

Sue E.

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...