Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Updates!

As I mentioned before, a lot has been going on around here. The biggest news is that Mike & I got married! After 8 years together, we finally tied the knot on November 19th. His parents had a little party for us the weekend after. This is one of the cakes. There was a groom but I dont know what happened to my picture!

There have also been some new additions around the house. And no, not the baby! We got a dog a couple of weeks ago. His name is Coco. He's not a bad dog, but he defiantly has chewing issues! There are small scraps of broken ceramic, chewed up steering wheel cover, pineapple & poinsettia all over the yard.




Also, Princess kitty gave birth. We brought her in right before Thanksgiving because she didn't care for Coco at all. She was pretty much living in the tree. A few days later, Blake was watching tv in his room when I heard him yell "Mom, the little cat has a rat!" I was trying to sleep in so I heard Mike go in there. All I was thinking was great, first snakes (I realize I didnt post about that. We found a small snake in the house a couple of months back. Mike was NOT thrilled to say the least), now rats? Then I hear Mike say, "it's not a rat, it's a kitten!" So of course I had to get out of bed for that. We were hoping she wouldnt have too many, but she ended up with 6. They are so cute! Their eyes are just starting to open now.



Not the greatest picture, but I think this one is my favorite.



That's really all the big news I guess. I've just been busy with the holiday preperations. Shopping, getting the Christmas cards sent out, getting the decorating done. I am almost done shopping, only have a few more people to get for. I am beginning to wrap now, and I really need to get to baking. I made a double batch of Snickerdoodles Saturday night, and they were all gone yesterday! I will have to get some pictures of the decorations, but for now, here is the tree. Guess I should have turned the computer monitor off, huh?



Pumpkins favorite spot in the house now is right under it. Too bad we have a train that we TRY and set up around it. She doesnt try and play with the train, but she knocks it over jumping over it, or her and Princess plow into it playing. So it's in a pile behind the tree. Got tired of putting it back together, only for them to come right back in and knock it over. She also happens to be pretty interested in this gigantic bone we got for Coco.




She's got the wrapper ripped open and I've seen her chewing on it. Too bad it probably weighs more than she does! But doesnt she look cute?




Hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

Treighsie said...

Congrats on getting married!

Amy Marie said...

Ahh Wendy that cake is adorable! And what cutie kittens you have! Looks like your already for Christmas!

Laurie said...

Congrats Mrs! Love the cake too cute!!!

Kim's Treasures said...

Congratulations on getting married!!!

Those kittens are adorable! Too bad you don't live near me...I'd take one!

Have a wonderful day!
Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...