Tuesday, December 25, 2007
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually paper.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend of Thanksgiving. Usually after shopping on Black Friday.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually around New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? No.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I cant really think of anything.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, a Little People one.
8. Hardest person to buy for? The In-Laws
9. Easiest person to buy for? The kids
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? Nothing really horrible I can think of.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation & A Christmas Story.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually Black Friday or a little before.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can think of.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Grandma's Sour Cream poundcake
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored, but I like clear, too.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I dont know the name of it, only the actual tune.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home, everyone lives close.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Nope.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Silver, glittery star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Stress!
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
This is a pond out in the very back of the property. It is bone dry right now, and it looks like it has been for awhile. But we have been told the water table is only about 15 feet down, and its already kinda deep, so once it is cleared we may dig down some more. It was a whole lot more overgrown than this, but I didnt get any real before pictures.
Right behind the house.
This is behind those trees above, you can see them in the left of the photo. You can see how overgrown it is by that big oak tree.
These are two of the three sheds, next to the oak tree. There is no garage so it's nice to have these sheds. They were full of stuff. An old ice cream churn, several dozen Mason jars, an old metal chair, an old suitcase, bales of hay, old tools... all kinds of things. I did find a few things I am keeping, I will post those later.
Trying to show how large this tree is. We are gonna measure it at some point, but havent had a chance yet. It is really big around. To the right of it there, it was really grown up. Mike started pulling stuff out with the Bobcat and there was a wheelbarrow, a bowling ball, a propane tank, a kids pool and all kinds of junk hidden in there.
And now the house. These are all befores, we have painted. This is the lovely "vintage" kitchen. Notice the aqua, formica countertops? They have the beautiful gold flecks all over. And what about the teal/aqua linoleum?
Another shot of the counters, with the cast iron kitchen sink.
And here is the vintage oven! Im guessing it is probably original to the house. But it works!
When you come out of the kitchen, this is to your left.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Friday, August 10, 2007
1. I am adopted. I don't know anything about my biological family, and my mother & grandmother have both passed away, so it's not likely I will never know anything. My dad says he doesn't remember anything.
2. Everyone in my immediate family has a birthday on the 19th. Mike's birthday and my birthday are both February 19. Blake was born on September 19. And Layla was born on April 19. Also, Mike's dad was born on December 19.
3. Speaking of birthdays, mine may not actually be the 19th. My birth certificate has a 9 drawn over the 0. And both the IRS & Social Security have my birthdate as February 10. But I don't want to change it.
4. I can wiggle my ears.
5. I can cross my left eye without crossing the right one.
6. I grew up on 50 acres in the middle of nowhere. (Orange Springs, FL).
7. I have never been west of Georgia. Unil 2002 I had never been to any states other than Georgia, South & North Carolina. But in 2002 we went to visit family in New York, so I have now been to Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennyslvania and New York.
So, now it's your turn. I am tagging Bren, Glenda and Shara. You're it!
Monday, August 6, 2007
On Scraptown, we did an UnCircle Journal, where instead of swapping books each month, we completed all the pages and then send to the hostess. So, if you are in this and DO NOT want to see until you get yours, DONT LOOK! But here is a link to the pages I created, minus the entry for MY book. I haven't done that one yet.
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
Your color personality is: Green
It sounds like the hue you most relate to is green -- the color most evocative of nature. Adjectives such as kind, gentle, and contemplative likely describe you. You enjoy being involved with your neighbors and coworkers, but you also require plenty of time to yourself to recharge. You are social yet introverted, and modern but not trendy. Surround yourself with your signature color to create a restful, soothing environment. From sage to hunter, green can work well in virtually every room of your house. Use it generously to create a haven you'll love coming home to.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
We have been getting things here and there, as they go on sale. Two or three weeks ago, Staples had a good sale. Pencils, folders, pencil sharpeners & binders for $.01. And we found him some polo shirts on clearance at Wal-Mart.
Well today, his grandmother, aunt, cousins, him, Layla & I went shopping for some more stuff. Blake is officially ready for school. All we need still is one more school shirt, and I have to get that from the school. They have to wear uniforms. I don't really care for uniforms, but what can ya do. They have to wear denim or kakhi shorts/pants and either the school's t-shirt, or solid red, white or navy polo shirts. And on Fridays they can wear a flag shirt that the school sells. Layla suckered Nonnie into a new backpack and new shoes as well. But we got an awesome deal on her shoes! She got a pair of Etnie's that were normally $49.99 for $12.49! This is what they look like, except the E's light up on hers.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Layla after the beaters.
And now for the white. Mike brought me these vintage porcelain knobs home from work yesterday! He sent me a picture early in the day of them, but then said he was just showing me them & had thrown them away! But he was kidding. They aren't in perfect shape, that one is broken. But I don't care. I just need to decide what to do with them. He has the other piece that they were mounted to the shower with, but I'm not sure if I want to use that too, or just the knobs. Any ideas?
Saturday, July 21, 2007
I picked up this Ball jar for $.25, the old sifter for $1, and the books for $.50 each. I got Little Women & one called The Water Babies, both from the 50's. The Water Babies is full of fairy tales. And then The Secret Garden is from the 80's, but I like that book. Not pictured it two clear glass teacups I got for $.25 for BOTH. They are at work holding paper clips & tacks.
This morning, my friend, mother-in-law, my son & I headed out to see what we could find. The original goal was to hit an estate sale & then head to our favorite antique store for the yard sale they were having. At the estate sale I got this spice rack. I took the jars out, cleaned them out and will probably use them to hold scrapbooking stuff. I'm not sure yet where the house is going to go, but I thought it was cute.
From there, we went to the antique store's sale. It wasn't as great as we thought it would be. One vendor had some tables set up outside and had her stuff 50% off. I picked up a yellow Pyrex bowl. I could have got another in the same size, in green for $10 for the pair, but I only got this one. It was normally $12.50, but I got it for $6. My first colored Pyrex!
We went to some more yard sales after that, but it was pretty much a bust. All we really found was clothes, toys & various other junk.
After my mother in law left, my friend & I ran down to the Missing Children's thrift we had been wanting to go to. More Pyrex! And I really liked this pumpkin dish. I doubt it's old, but its cute.
And here is a close-up of inside the pumpkin pie plate.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Sunday, July 15, 2007
I'm not used to adding pictures yet, so they aren't in exactly the order I wanted. Below is a tiny Mason jar, 3 old magnents and two Fireking cups & saucers. I don't know yet what I am going to do with those, but I loved them and I will figure it out later, lol.
This isnt from the yard sales, but my MIL brought it home for us from their home town of Olean, NY. This makes my second Pepsi crate.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
1. People who drive too slow.
2. People who tailgate.
3. Being late.
4. Really strong perfume.
See? That's all I can think of right now. So, what are some of your pet peeves?